Students at Compass Academy receive opportunities for career pathway exploration through:
- On-site labs for manufacturing, engineering, and technology (MET), and culinary arts
- Weekly experiential learning opportunities (ELOs), which include job shadowing, the college & career speaker series, field trips, service learning opportunities, and internships
- Courses both at Compass Academy and at other sites where students may earn stackable industry credentials
- Classes offered through a partnership with the City of St. Charles to afford students hands-on learning opportunities in several career fields, including fire science, law enforcement, and water management
- Opportunities to compete in career-related competitions
Because Compass Academy is a competency-based school, students may earn credit towards graduation for learning that occurs outside of school. One of our school-wide goals is for every interested Compass student to have the opportunity to complete an internship or to be placed in an apprenticeship by the time they graduate from high school.
Municipal Job Shadow Registration Form